Deadline for Open Call #2 – December 20
EARASHI, Embodied AI/Robotics Applications for a Safe, Human-oriented Industry, will launch 2 open calls (February and September 2023) to select 10 projects distributing 2 M€ among them. The selected projects should address one of EARASHI 10 challenges defined by EARASHI advisory board, and publicity announced within the open call.
The Open Call 1 was closed in May , 2023 with 5 selected projects and 1 M€ of funding.
The Open Call 2 will be launched on September 29, 2023 to select 5 projects distributing 1 M€ among them. The selected projects should address one of EARASHI 6 open challenges.
Besides funding, the selected projects will benefit from EARASHI programme:
- Integration of a Technical building block of your choice and associated expertise, among the Building Block portfolio offered by EARASHI.
- Coaching services such as Business, human-centered design, eco-design, cybersecurity, engineering system integration, mentoring & access to validation facility.
The funding instrument will include a lump-sum grant of up to 200 k€ per project for developing solutions at demonstration scale and coaching session during and beyond their development. The total duration of a project is expected to be 15-18 months. Granted companies cannot individually receive more than 200 k€. Only startups and SMEs are eligible to receive such funding.
R&D demonstration projects targeting EARASHI challenges will be developed to reach Technology Readiness Level (TRL) 7 starting form TRL 4-5, following a competitive based approach. The demonstration projects will respond to one of EARASHI 6 challenges, and address EARASHI overall scope:
- Support the industry in the uptake of advanced digital eco-responsible technologies (in particular AI, Data and Robotics)
- Support workers in their daily activities and improve their working conditions (safety, health and well-being) leading to a productivity increase
- Adopt a worker-centric approach by considering worker well-being and health at work (e.g. MSD and stress), design thinking methodology of production machines, worker acceptance and Ethics
- Target the machine tool / production machine / manufacturing industry application
The granted projects are expected to have impact on:
- Decrease of the number of workers that perceive stress at work / the number of accidents at work / number of workers already suffering from MSD
- Increase of the number of ROS-users (ROS=Robot Operating System )
- Improvement of trust in AI, Data and Robotics (implementation of ADR in manufacturing)
- Machine retrofit and refurbishment
- Deployment of eco-design approach
- Standardized, easy, non-hazardous dismantling processes shortened in time and costs
The granted projects products are expected to have market potential and reach commercialization as project’s outcome.
Pan-European demonstration projects (EU member states or Horizon Europe associated countries) are strongly encouraged, through cross-border collaboration either with the EARASHI partners providing the technical Building Blocks and expertise or through the companies building up the proposal.
The project must :
- Be proposed by a micro-consortium of a minimum of 1 independent legal entity (maximum 2) including exclusively Start-up or SME, established in the Member States of the European Union and its overseas countries and territories (OCT) and Horizon Europe associated Countries
- Involve an EARASHI building Block partner chosen among the Building Block portfolio.
- Address one of EARASHI challenges
- Up to 200 k€ per project
- 200 k€ max par applicant – Start-up and SME only
- Start-up: representing 100% of your project’s total declared budget
- SME: representing 70% of your project’s total declared budget
- Call opening: 29/09/2023
- Call closure: 20/12/2023
- Notifications to applicants: mid March